Do you use smell when creating images?

When I am creating images and scenes in my mind, I use my sight to see the imagery, I use my hearing to hear the scene, and maybe I can taste some of the images I create. But I can’t remember a time when I used my sense of smell!

I know the sense of smell is strong because sometimes I smell something and boom! I am transported back to my mom’s cooking, a house, or an event. But smell doesn’t seem to naturally come up when I am memorizing.

Maybe it is because I always focused on sight, hearing, and taste? But when I think about it, it is hard to have a smell for all the things you picture. For example, how does Darth Vader smell? I have no clue!!

Even if I decided to give a smell to Darth Vader, I am not sure I would be able to remember the smell during an image creation since it is not a natural association with Darth Vader. Maybe the sense of smell is not for me when using memory techniques!

Do you use the sense of smell in memory techniques? How do you use it? What are the main senses you use?