Memorize The NATO Phonetic Alphabet

Have you ever been on a call and had to spell a word just to have the other person hear a different letter? Then you keep saying the letter and they keep misunderstanding it!? So frustrating when this happens haha

I get so annoyed when this happens because I believe I am saying the letters slowly and clearly. So what I started doing was saying a word instead of a letter. For example if I need to say B, I would say Boy because Boy starts with the letter B.

Using words to represent letters works great… until get a letter that I haven’t thought of a word for. I start to stumble and try to say a word that starts with the letter, but sometimes I say the wrong word like cube for the letter Q. Cube sounds like Q but starts with a C so the person gets confused.

Having the NATO phonetic alphabet would solve all my problems since I would already have words for all the letters! So get ready to never have issues spelling words over the phone again!

Purpose of challenge: Practice creating images based off the sound of words.

Benefit of challenge: You will be creating an alphabet system by learning the NATO phonetic alphabet and have a way to clearly spell out a word when talking.

Here is the NATO Phonetic Alphabet:
A - Alpha
B - Bravo
C - Charlie
D - Delta
E - Echo
F - Foxtrot
G - Golf
H - Hotel
I - India
J - Juliett
K - Kilo