Should you learn multiple languages at once?

Learning a language takes a lot of time and practice to get good at. Honestly, I am not sure if you can ever master a language. I have spoken English my whole life, and I still mess up on grammatical things and pronunciations haha

So try to imagine learning multiple languages at one time! You are in for a lot of FUN to learn multiple languages and not forgetting them. But is it realistic to try to learn multiple languages?

Say if you were trying to learn 2 languages, you could alternate days of learning the languages. Then the days you aren’t actively learning one of the languages, you would review the language.

It would seem if you are setting up your learning and reviewing days correctly, it is possible to learn two languages and be making progress in both languages. It might even help to learn two languages.

Have you ever been studying a topic and you are just sick and tired of thinking about it? Maybe you couldn’t figure something out or spent hours trying to learn the topic. You don’t want to even think about that topic anymore and want a break.

You will definitely experience this when learning a new language. I know I did when I was learning Spanish in school. So instead of taking the next day off and not doing any sort of learning in that specific language, you could still apply your skills to learning another language.

In theory, this switching of languages could work because you aren’t sick of the new language! You are taking a break from the 1st language but still practicing and honing your skills with learning languages by learning the 2nd language.

I am not sure if it would work in reality or not. Maybe you would mix the languages up, be sick of learning languages in general, make slower progress, or it is two much work to balance both.

What do you think about this? Should you learn multiple languages at once? Have you tried to do so?